Sunday, September 16, 2018

An Ode to Nature

Total dullness.
Rusted in mind and heart.
Creativity fallen rotten.
Seeing without insight.

There's a place that in the whimsical visions of my mind,
It beckons the subconsciously alert part.
"Come find me" it says

And behold I go searching:
In the forest, where the trees behave with season
On the mountains, where the speed of the wind fills my lungs whole.
In the oceans and seas, when breathlessness I feel.
At the beaches, the sunrises and sunsets have made a prisoner of my soul.

Everywhere I went
I left a part of me behind and brought back some of you,
Now, I am becoming you:
The arrows of swooping sunlight through the trees
The crispy dew fog on early mountain
That blue starfish on the shore.
The froth of a waterfall.


I'm losing myself into you.
I will slowly disintegrate into a million pieces and become your atom.

Until then, beckon me to places, to parts I can steal.
To parts of me I can leave behind.

---An ode to nature. Thank you for rescuing me.